Audi’s new flagship SUV has arrived and boy did we find a stunner.
The all-new, yes, ALL-NEW, 2019 Audi Q8 has finally hit dealer lots and they can’t get them fast enough. Since the Q8 arrived last week, I have seen about five units hit the Audi Naples lot and three are already gone – including this fantastic spec we got our hands on before it sold the next day (whew).
This cream of the crop Prestige model is in Glacier White metallic paint paired with Year One 22″ anthracite 5-spoke-star wheels and red calipers (exclusive to the Year One package), while an always welcome Black Optic package beautifully finishes it off. Are you tilting your head wondering why it seems to sit so low? Well, that wide squat is all thanks to Audi’s Adaptive air suspension when you switch the Drive Select to Dynamic – available with the Adaptive Chassis package. Check out the ride height comparison between this Chassis-equipped model vs. the Daytona Gray metallic model without it. Adaptive chassis is definitely the way to go.
Compared to the Q7? The Q8 is one slot above the Q7 – an already massive SUV – now the flagship SUV for Audi. Seeing them side-by-side, they are pretty closely matched in size. The Q8 is a bit wider and a tad bit lower than the Q7 at similar ride heights. Plus, you get all the fun of a brand-new model with the Q8 unlike the Q7. Although, it’s worth noting that new wheels were added to the options of the 2019 Q7, and we approve of them.
The Q8 is powered by a new version of the 3.0L TFSI V6, putting out 335-hp / 369 lb-ft torque paired with a 8-speed Tiptronic transmission made to handle the low-end torque and shift gears quickly. That’s a little more kick and elasticity than the Q7. The SUV also harbors Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV) technology – the 48-volt system is compact enough to be stored under the rear cargo floor and power is supplied from the 10Ah battery to a belt alternator starter to improve the comfort of the auto start/stop system.
Straight from Audi: “Richly equipped, with comprehensive connectivity, and versatile enough for exploring just about any road, the Q8 seamlessly integrates technology and advanced driver assistance systems, to deliver everything customers expect from a luxury performance SUV. With standard seating for up to five passengers and, with the rear seats folded, class-leading cargo capacity, the Q8 has a commanding presence in any driving situation” (Audi USA Newsroom – http://media.audiusa.com/models/q8).
- 21″ 5-spoke-W design wheels all-season tires
- Bang & Olufsen® Premium 3D Sound System
- Interior lighting package plus and illuminated door sills
- 4-zone climate control
- Top view camera system
- Ventilated front seats with 4-way power lumbar
- Audi phone box w/ wireless charging and antenna booster
- Audi side assist, Audi pre sense rear
- Heated, auto-dim, power-fold exterior mirrors w/memory
- Aluminum optic buttons
- Leather dashboard with contrast stitching
- Head up display
- HD Matrix design LED headlights w/highbeam assist
- Full LED taillights with animation
- Power closing doors
- Sunshades for rear and rear side windows
- Audi adaptive cruise assist w/ traffic jam assist, Audi active lane assist w/ Emergency assist Turn assist, Intersection assistant
Adaptive Chassis package:
- Adaptive air suspension
- All-wheel steering
Year One package:
- 22″ 5-V-spoke-star wheels, Anthracite, all-season tires
- Black optic exterior, Black roof rails, Singleframe grille
- Red brake calipers
- Valcona leather individual contour front seats w/memory Ventilation and massage
- front seats Extended leather package
- Alcantara® headliner
- light Dual pane glass
Cold Weather package:
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated rear seats
Interested in securing your own Q8? Contact Audi Naples here: www.audinaples.com